So, I have been doing this blogging thing for about 7 months now and I am having the best time ever. Although to some it seems like an easy task, there is a lot that goes into blogging consistently. There is the need to plan blog content, social media content, and gain traffic and readers. Throughout this journey, I have relied on a number of different tools and resources to help me with this process. So if you are starting this journey, these are some of the resources that have made my life easy:
This post is sponsored by NJ SEO. Although, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
- EPIC BLOG: One of the most important skills of blogging is staying organized. You must organize your thoughts, content, goals, etc. This planner is super helpful in keeping me on track. I utilize the month view to plan out my ideas and steps that I need to complete for the month. I also utilize the planner to track my growth from month to month. Whenever I have ideas, I automatically turn to this planner to document my thoughts.
- Facebook Groups: I am addicted to Facebook Groups. I have joined many groups of people who are looking to grow their network and get to know other bloggers. These groups are made up of a group of people who you can go to with questions, concerns, and just overall advice and guidance. I have met so many people through interacting in these groups and it is helpful to have someone to turn to when you are feeling defeated. My favorite group right now is Black Bloggers United.
- SEO: This has been the most difficult thing for me to get into. SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is all about utilizing the right focus words to grow traffic to your blog. There are so many steps and keys to doing this effectively. This is so big that you can find many books, e-courses, websites, etc that focus purely on this topic. Proper SEO utilization, will have you at the top of Google searches that have anything to do with your post topic. New Jersey SEO services is a marketing agency that can help with effective SEO. Their strategy is to work with you to identify what you want to accomplish from your blog and they create a plan that is specific for you. They work around the clock to ensure they are providing you with everything that you agreed upon. They begin by providing a free SEO analysis of your website, which normally would cost about 300 dollars. Google them and you will see lots of great reviews because they are truly focused on providing a great service for their clients. “We are very proud of the service we provide for our NJ customers, those in New Jersey and even worldwide. In fact, we see a client relationship drastically more personal than that of most agencies in our field. Our client relationships do not start at 9AM and end at 5PM—they stay with us to continually receive the quality service they deserve.” The New Jersey branch of NJ SEO was started by Matt Anton, while his brother, Dan started the Georgia branch of the family-run agency. Matt and Dan bring forth their expertise along with 27 other highly experienced individuals to give you the best service possible.
- Tailwind: Social media alone is a huge task. Trying to stay consistent on Instagram can be tough when you still have day-to-day tasks that you need to focus on. I live by Tailwind because it allows me to schedule my content ahead of time so I can post while feeding my kids dinner. Not only do I love the planning feature but I also enjoy the analytics. It shows you how your posts are doing and tells you the best times to post and the best hashtags to use based on prior posts. They do have a free trial but if you want to continue to utilize the scheduling feature, there is a small monthly cost.
- Word Swag: I utilize Word Swag all the time to create blog pictures with graphics. They have lots of stock photos that you can use. You just need to add text to create instagram pics and blog headers. They also resize your pics for your needs. So they resize your pic to fit a twitter post, facebook pic, or instagram pic. They have many different pre-set styles for text to make your pics look unique.
I am the furthest thing from a blogging expert but I am definitely learning as I go. I continue to talk to other bloggers and read lots of articles on how to be successful. These tools mentioned have been crucial throughout this journey. There are so many other resources that I haven’t even tapped into yet. Comment below if you use any different tools that help you to be successful.
Let me know if you have any questions or want to know more about the tools I’ve mentioned. I will gladly help out as I can.
Have a great day! XOXO